- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
4.1. Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Site, you may be required to create an account (“Account”). We may offer different options to create an Account, including through: (i) an online sign-up form through which you will be asked to provide us with certain required information such as your full name and email address, complete address, and a password that you will use for your Account; and (ii) your pre-existing account with a third-party website or service (a “Third Party Account”) such as Facebook or Google by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Site. Clicking on such button will enable you to link your Account and your Third Party Account.
If you create an Account on the Site through a Third Party Account, you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we obtain from your Third Party Account and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your Third Party Account.
If you log in using your Facebook Account, we may obtain your name, Facebook identification (ID) number, your profile picture, your gender, age range, locale and time zone, and e-mail address. You may disable or withdraw certain “Permissions” in the settings section of your Facebook Account (on Facebook), but doing so may cause certain features of the Site to become unavailable to you. In addition to the use of data described here, we may also use such data as described in Sections _6 (The Way We Use Personal Information) and _7 (Use of Anonymous Information) below. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE MAY KEEP DATA WE OBTAIN FROM FACEBOOK AS DESCRIBED ABOVE EVEN AFTER WE CEASE USING THE FACEBOOK PLATFORM OR OFFER FACEBOOK FUNCTIONALITY SUCH AS FACEBOOK CONNECT OR LOGIN ON THE SITE.
Regardless of which method you choose to create your Account, the Site may enable you to provide optional information, and we may send an email to your email address to instruct you how to confirm your registration.
4.2. Application Materials. If you are a Speaker and wish to offer your services through the Site, we may require you to provide certain information, documentation and other materials (collectively, “Application Materials“). The Site may enable you to submit Application Materials through the Site or direct you to send the Application Submissions to us by e-mail, or in another manner.
4.3. ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
4.4. Share with Friends Service. The Site may enable you to share content from the Site or invite your friends to use the Site by sending them an invitation email or message, including through a Third Party Account or through the Site. If you send or post an invitation message we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their email address or Third Party Account user name and ID.
4.5. Messages. If you send a message to another user using the tools made available on the Site, we will receive and store the contents of your message, including any Personal Information contained in your message (though not for the purpose of collecting Personal Information – please see Section _6.5 below to learn about why we store messages).
4.7. Public Profile and Experience Pages.
4.7.1. Generally. Some parts of the Site may enable you to build a public profile in connection with your Account (“Public Profile”) and if you are a Speaker, an Experience Page for each of the Services you offer through the Site. Your Public Profile will include your name, and other information that you choose to include in your Public Profile, such as a profile picture.
4.7.2. Speaker Profile and Experience Pages. If you are a Speaker, you will be required to provide certain information about yourself for your Speaker Profile and Experience Pages, such as (without limitation), past public speaking experiences, a description of the story or subject you are prepared to speak about or the experience you offer, the duration of the experience, the fees you charge, testimonials, reviews and videos of your past performances, your location and willingness to travel, the languages you speak, and a clear profile picture and additional photos of yourself. You will also be required to provide certain financial account information to enable us to transfer Provider Fees to you (as described below).
4.7.3. Host Profile. If you are a Host, the Site will require you to provide certain information for a profile which will be visible to Speakers with whom you request a Booking (“Host Profile“). This may include your name or the name of the company you represent, and, if you represent a venue, the venue in which you host events. Reviews by Speakers who have provided services at your Events may be posted and visible on your Host Profile. Currently, Host Profiles are not displayed to all Site Users, but may be publicly viewable in the future.
4.8. Events. If you are a Host and you would like to contact Speaker to make a Booking, you may be required to provide certain information about your Event (“Event Information”). Such information includes, the Event date and location, the type of Event and the number of expected participants, your goal and a description of the Event.
4.10. Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
4.11. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Site may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Site and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
4.12. Analytics Services. The Site may use tools to collect and analyze information about use of the Site (“Analytics Services”) such as “Google Analytics” and “Mixpanel.” Analytics Services collect information such as how often users visit this Site, what pages of the Site they visit, and what other sites they visited or used prior to coming to this Site. We use the information we get from these Analytics Services to maintain and improve the Site and our products and services.
- Publicly Available Information. Your Public Profile, Experience Pages, and any content that you post on or via the Site (“User Submissions”) may be publicly available to other Site Users, and may also be accessed and used by people off the Site. The notices and tools that we provide on the Site, and other instructions or notices we may send you, are intended to inform you which information you provide (such as, without limitation, in connection with the creation of your Account and in your Application Materials) will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions or as part of your Public Profile or Experience Page, you may receive unsolicited messages from other Site Users or the public. If you are a Speaker, we will publish your Speaker Profile on the Site in order to allow Site Users to learn about you and order your Speaking services for an Event. Your Speaker Profile and all information and content you submit for your Speaker Profile and Experience Pages (except certain financial and contact information) may be publicly viewable. If you are a Host, we will make your Host Profile (defined below) available to Speakers, and in the future, potentially to all Site Users. We, therefore, encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
- The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Site, then in addition to the ways we use Personal Information described above, we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.:
6.1. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Site, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Site and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site that you are authorized to access.
6.2. We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Site, your use of the Site, your Experience Pages, Public Profile or other Content on the Site, as well as our other products and services; (ii) to notify you when you have received a request, confirmation or other notice or message from a Site User (including without limitation a Booking request if you are a Speaker, or a Booking confirmation if you are a Host); (iii) send you a message in connection with billing or payments you may make or receive through the Site; (iv) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
6.3. We may use your Application Materials or other Personal Information you provide to verify your identity or information you provide and perform background or other checks on you. We may inform Site Users, including without limitation, by posting notifications on the Site, that information which you have provided about yourself has been verified.
6.4. If you choose to send your friend an invitation email or message we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send your friend an invitation email or message via the method you have chosen. Your name and email address may be included in the invitation email or message.
6.6. If you are a Speaker, we may use your Personal Information to create your Speaker Profile and Experience Pages. We may also use your Speaker Profile and Experience Page content and information to promote your Speaker Profile, Experience Pages or Services, or the Site, including (without limitation) within the Site, in marketing messages or advertisements outside the Site.
6.7. We may use your Event Information to provide or display such information to Site Users, provide it to the Speakers you have contacted or whom we may provide such information to, advertise such Event Information on the Site or elsewhere in order to promote your event, the Site or our business.
6.10. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Speakizi, our Site, Site Users, yourself or the public.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Site and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site. You acknowledge and agree that even if you request that we delete personal information obtained from Facebook in connection with your Facebook Account, we may nevertheless retain Anonymous Information which was based on that information and use such information as described in this Section _7.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Site-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site. If you are Speaker or a Host, you may not be able disable or unsubscribe certain e-mails or messages sent by us in connection with the Site, your Public Profile, Experience Pages or a Booking (as may apply) without terminating your Account and participation in the Site, or disabling your use of certain Site features.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to use the Site and provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we may make available on the Site or you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email or message should include adequate details of your request.
- Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. Except for the providers of Analytics Services and Support Services (see Sections _4.12 and _4.13 above), we do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
Last updated: December 5, 2017